Morton’s Celebrity Steakout! 09.07.11
Seattleites arrived dressed to the nines at this year’s Celebrity Steakout event at Morton’s The Steakhouse Seattle. Sponsored by Brotherton Cadillac and benefitting the Moyer Foundation’s Catch a Cure For Cancer guests were waited on by some of Seattle’s most charitable celebrities.
The event raised $186,000 to benefit early cancer detection research through live and silent auctions. Guests started the evening at Mario’s for drinks, bites and a silent auction. Then moved next door to Morton’s for a steak dinner and live auction with host Steve Raible from KIRO 7 and auctioneer John Curly.
Celebrity servers included:
Jamie Moyer, MLB All-Star & World Champion
Duff McKagan, Guitarist, Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver and Loaded
Steve Zakuani, Seattle Sounders Forward
Jacob Green, Former Seattle Seahawk
Zakk Wylde, Guitarist, Black Label Society
Jeff Rouse, Bassist for “Loaded”, among other bands
Slick Watts, Former Seattle Sonics
Jack Thompson, Star Quarterback for WA State University and former NFL player
Dave Krieg, Former Seattle Seahawk
Jeff Cirillo, Former Seattle Mariner
Jen Mueller, Local sports reporter for Root Sports Northwest
Duff McKagen, Monica Pavelka Agbalog from Morton’s, Zakk Wylde, Jeff Rouse
Jacob Green, Morton’s GM Michael Hanke, Jack Tompson
Morton’s Assistant Manager Liz Parker, Jamie and Karen Moyer, Morton’s GM Michael Hanke
Men’s Fall Sale at Mario’s 12.24.10
We love the holidays… but what we really love is the post holiday shopping! Mario’s and Mario’s 3.10 in Bridgeport Village are pulling out all the stops at their Men’s Fall Sale starting Sunday, December 26th at 11 a.m. Find the best deals on Brunello Cucinelli, Hugo Boss, Prada and more! Women’s sale is in progress too, so make a day of it and shop together.
Check Off Your Holiday List Here! 12.15.10
With just 10 short days until Christmas we wanted to do our part in making things a little easier on you. And so we present… our Holiday Gift Guide! Shop online or pop into one of the businesses below to check off your list in a snap with stocking stuffers, desserts, dining and more!
In search of a unique gift for that chocolate lover on your gift list? Maria Hines has teamed up with seven of her West Coast chef friends and the chocolatiers at Theo Chocolate to give you that unique gift this holiday season! The Chef Session gift box features the following chefs and each of their chocolaty morsels, which they created themselves in the kitchen at Theo Chocolate.
• Maria Hines (Tilth in Seattle, WA) Tamarind Lime Chile Caramel
• Chris Cosentino (Incanto & Boccalone Salumeria in San Francisco, CA) Agro Dolce Brittle
• Naomi Pomeroy (Beast in Portland, OR) Armagnac Prune Ganache & Green Peppercorn Caramel
• Gabriel Rucker (Le Pigeon in Portland, OR) Carrot caramel
• Holly Smith (Café Juanita in Seattle, WA) Candied Beet & Almond Praline
• Jonathan Sundstrom (Lark & Licorous in Seattle, WA) Pine Resin Ganache
• Jerry Traunfeld (Poppy in Seattle, WA) Huckleberry Pâte du Fruit & Cinnamon Basil White Ganache
As if this deal couldn’t get any sweeter, $15 of each box will go to Food Lifeline, dedicated to ending hunger in Western Washington. Purchase Theo Chef Session online.
Crush entices you to keep a little something for yourself this gift giving season. When you purchase $500 in gift certificates at Crush (any denomination), Crush will gift you a $100 gift card! Thank yourself for giving smart by treating yourself to Chef Jason Wilson’s enticing and award-winning menu. After all, he’s not the James Beard 2010 winner for nothing, right?
If you feel so inclined to give even more, then gift that $100 gift card to another lucky person on your list. Hopefully they will take you when redeeming! See the menu that you could be giving this holiday season. Email CRUSH or call CRUSH at 206.302.7874 for additional information.
Shopping and holidays, holidays and shopping… the perfect pair no matter how you say it and Mario’s knows a thing or two about shopping. Celebrating their 50th holiday season this year, here are a few of their favorite (and must-have) holiday gifts for him and her!
• Artfully designed earrings by Dean Harris
• Brunello Cucinelli Cashmere Sweaters
• Wonderfully fragrant candles from Lafco
• Vince and Inhabit knit tops
• Perfectly Prada nylon cosmetic bag
• Ermenegildo Zegna sport shirts
• Cashmere sweaters from Loro Piana
• A Hugo Boss 2 in 1 jacket
• Vintage polos from Lacoste
• Hudson jeans in the perfect fit
Visit Mario’s for locations in Seattle, Portland and Mario’s 3.10 at Bridgeport Village.
Morton’s The Steakhouse is known for serving up big, juicy Prime steaks, fresh seafood, generous savory sides, and desserts… hungry yet? All that giving you’re doing is working up quite the appetite and to reward you Morton’s is gifting $50 for every $300 or $100 for every $500 you spend this season on gift cards. Available online or at any Morton’s location. And don’t forget Morton’s other fabulous gifts for the steak lover in your life!
• Morton’s Cookbook Vol. I – Morton’s Steak Bible
• Morton’s Cookbook Vol. II – Morton’s The Cookbook
• Morton’s Cajun seasoning salt
• Morton’s custom crafted, wood-handled steak knives
• Morton’s Titleist Pro V1® golf balls with Morton’s logo
All of this and more available for purchase online.
Pike and Western Wine Shop
Are you shopping local in the Pike Place Market? Need a hostess gift, stocking stuffer or something that will impress? Pike and Western Wine Shop, nestled on the Northeast corner of the Pike Place Market makes it easy for you to pick up that special bottle of wine while shopping downtown or picking up the latest fisherman’s catch or fresh from the farm product. Owner Michael Teer and his team have been pairing people with the perfect bottle of holiday dinner wine, celebratory bubbly, or perfect gift for over 35 years. With wines from around the world and in our own backyard and many special for this season, let them pair a bottle or two for you! See new arrivals, what has the staff intrigued and the hot buys that you can’t pass up this holiday season here. Stop by at 1934 Pike Place, Seattle or call 206.441.1307
Get a jump start on your New Year’s resolution with Pure Barre, an amazing fitness technique that combines Pilates, ballet and weights into a kick-butt workout! Perfect for the fitness buff in your life or for those looking to get back in to shape and mix things up! Pure Barre has tons of ways to work out at home or at the studio. Pick up a special class package deal and some new workout duds and you’ll be the star come Christmas morning! Visit Pure Barre Bellevue or Seattle online to get started!
• pb DVD’s ($18)
• pb socks ($12)
• pb pilates ring ($18)
• pb resistance balls ($20)
• Splits 59 ribbed tanks ($35)
• Mondetta Performance leggings ($65)
• Alternative Apparel Burnout tank ($25)
TAGS: Ballet, chocolate, Christmas, Crush, Fitness, gifts, holiday shopping, Mario's, Morton's The Steakhouse Portland, Morton's The Steakhouse Seattle, New Year's, Pike and Western Wine Shop, Pilates, Pure Barre Bellevue, Pure Barre Seattle, Seattle Restaurants, shopping, Tilth, Weights, Wine,
Famed Italian cashmere maker Brunello Cucinelli is showing his Spring 2011 collections for men and women at Mario’s in Portland and Seattle this week. Peruse the collections and pre-order your must-have spring styles! Brunello will also make a special appearance at Mario’s Seattle on Saturday, October 30 from 4-6 p.m. where he will mingle with guests and show his collections. We’ll see you there!
Portland – October 26-27
Seattle – October 29-30
Designer Appearances at Mario’s! 10.01.10
Mario’s is continuing their 50th anniversary festivities with fabulous in-store events and designer appearances in Portland and Seattle! Meet Paige Adams-Geller, of Paige Premium Denim, at Girlfriend Day at Mario’s 3.10 in Bridgeport Village. View Paige’s fall 2010 collection for men and women and receive event day offers including $25 off all Paige Premium Denim, a gift with purchase and a drawing for a free pair of Paige jeans! Event held at Mario’s 3.10 at Bridgeport Village.
Mario’s welcomes Andrea Dini, third generation owner of Italian yachting and sportswear company Paul & Shark, who will be showing his fall 2010 collection in Seattle on October 7. Special gift with purchase all day on Paul & Shark items!
Portland – Paige Premium Denim – October 6
Seattle – Paul & Shark – October 7
Seattle – Paige Premium Denim – October 7
Mario’s – our newest client! 09.28.10
Handbags and suits and trunk shows oh my!
We’re thrilled to announce the arrival of our newest client, Mario’s! Oh how we adore you, let us count the ways: gorgeous Brunello Cucinelli cashmere, silky cocktail dresses, must-have shoe collections by Manolo and Louboutin and modern classic Temple St. Clair jewelry; not to mention fitted Isaia suits, colorful ties and denim for the men in our lives.
Mario’s, an upscale retailer with locations in Seattle and Portland and Tigard, OR, is currently celebrating 50 years of fabulous fashion designers, made-to-measure suits and a family tradition lead by President and Men’s Fashion Director Mario Bisio. Mario has continually kept his company the leader in fashion for Northwest men and women through his loyalty to quality, his natural instincts for trends and knowledge of his customers.
Join Mario’s for their upcoming Isaia Napoli “Made 2 Measure” Fall Trunk Show in Portland and Seattle with a special personal appearance in Portland by CEO Gianluca Isaia. Stay tuned for more exciting events and personal appearances like this! View Mario’s entire fall event schedule.
WHY our clients deserve your vote! 09.13.10
We know you have your favorites – we all do! With one month left for Evening Magazine’s Best Of Western Washington voting, we thought that instead of just simply asking for your votes, we’d actually give you the REASONS WHY our clients deserve your votes. From outstanding dishes, shining personalities and community involvement, here are the top 5 reasons why some of our clients should get your vote before the October 12 deadline. Place your vote now! Already voted? No problem! The good news is that you can change your vote! Giddyup!
Vote here Evening Magazine Best of Western Washington
Great Meals – Brunch: Tilth
1. Accolades upon accolades – from James Beard to Food & Wine and The New York Times, Chef Hines has the cred to impress.
2. If she can go head to head with Iron Chef Morimoto, then her cuisine (and brunch) must reign supreme.
3. Where else can you get your organic brunch on? Tilth is one of two certified organic restaurants in the country.
4. Hines walks the walk and talks the talk by supporting local farms in her restaurant and promoting them in her free time – She’s an active member on several boards.
5. Tilth’s brunch will give you reason to jump out of bed on the weekends – Cheddar biscuit and smoked pulled chicken gravy, salmon hash and cardamom French toast with crème de menthe mousse are just a few of the tempting reasons.
Great Meals – New American: Crush (so new, we haven’t even announced Jason Wilson and Crush as a new client! Stay tuned . . .)
1. We always knew it, but now the world does – Chef Jason Wilson is the James Beard Award winner “Best Chef Northwest” 2010.
2. Gettin’ fresh with the Tasting Menu! Crush harvests its produce and herbs just hours before it hits your plate.
3. From sustainable seafood to local farms, culinary schools, and those less fortunate, Jason jet-sets across around the globe and works in his own backyard to support these causes and more.
4. The menu item that diners can’t let go – Braised & Glazed Painted Hills Beef Short Ribs. We’d bet money it’s the best you’ll ever have.
5. After dining at Crush, you’ll find that you have a new crush too!
Great Meals – Steakhouse: Morton’s The Steakhouse
1. Offers only USDA Prime-Aged Steak – how could you settle for anything less?! Endless options of charring, searing and cooking your steak to perfection.
2. Get your tasting notes from the man himself, like legendary wino’s Peter Mondavi Jr., who recently hosted a wine dinner.
3. Morton’s rocks! Classic rockers Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver, Jane’s Addiction) and Zakk Wylde (Black Sabbath, Black Label Society) recently paired up with Morton’s to raise over $150,000 for the Moyer Foundation.
4. The best Cuban bartender around, Alberto, is shakin’ and stirrin’ your cocktails.
5. Double Porterhouse, carved tableside, tempting carnivores everywhere!
Cheap Eats – Happy Hour: McCormick’s Fish House & Bar
1. It’s the home of the famous happy hour ½ lb. cheeseburger and fries. The one you tell your friends about.
2. Buck a Shuck – $1 per oysters on the half shell select days of the week.
3. This fresh fish house is still fresh as can be after 30 years.
4. 5 for 5 – 5 drinks for $5 each featuring a rotating menu of cocktails and wine five days a week.
5. Host of the annual Shuck & Swallow Oyster Challenge on Oct. 7 featuring firefighters and local celebrities to benefit Seattle’s Bravest Charity. 100+ oysters shucked and swallowed in 10 min. – can you beat that?
People – Fitness Instructor: Sami Dinsmore Sweeney (Pure Barre) – just nominated so vote in a few days
1. She’ll make you lift, tone, burn in all the right places. Bring it on, sista!
2. As petite as a gymnast and as tough as a football player, she’ll push your muscles to fatigue and stretch you till you’re lean and limber.
3. You’ll be thanking her the next day when you wake up and feel all of the muscles you forgot you had.
4. A fitness pioneer! She’s the first to bring the barre workout to Seattle – a mix of pilates, ballet and weights.
5. “Let’s get physical!” Her custom-made playlists will amp you up and push you to your workout limits better than Olivia Newton-John ever could.
Specialty Food and Drink – Wine Shop: Pike & Western Wine Shop
1. Local wine shop that has been finding the perfect bottle from the novice to the connoisseur for over 35 years.
2. Make your wine cellar stellar! Offering wines from around the globe or from across the state.
3. Good things come in pairs – Two tastings a week: Wed. limited production bottling ($5), Fri. new arrivals (free).
4. A barrel of knowledge – Owner Michael Teer is overflowing with it – working at the store for 30 yrs. and owning it for nearly 20.
5. Its corner location makes it the unofficial concierge to the historic Pike Place Market – they are all-knowing!
We have favorites outside of our clients too! From fashion to beauty and entertainment, social media, and more food, here are our votes for other categories.
1. Arts and Entertainment – Live Comedy: Parlor Live
2. Arts and Entertainment – Museum: Seattle Art Museum (Picasso is coming!)
3. Beauty – Hair Salon: Gene Juarez Salons & Spas
4. Beauty – Waxing: The Wax Bar
5. Cheap Eats – Hot Dog: Dogs-A-Foot (just nominated)
6. Cheap Eats – Sandwich Shop: Paseo
7. Fashion – Men’s Clothing: Mario’s
8. Fashion – Women’s Boutique: Aprie
9. Online and Social Media – Local Personality on Twitter: Jenni Hogan (we’ve been fans since the beginning!)
10. Online and Social Media – Music Blog: Duff McKagan (Seattle Weekly)
Have your own reasons why our clients should win? We’d love to hear them too!
TAGS: Aprie, Best of Western Washington, Crush, Dogs-A-Foot, Duff McKagen, Evening Magazine, Gene Juarez Salons & Spas, Jason Wilson, Jenni Hogan, Maria Hines, Mario's, Michael Teer, Morton's The Steakhouse, Parlor Live, Paseo, Pike & Western Wine Shop, Pure Barre, Seattle Art Museum, The Wax Bar, Tilth
Morton’s The Steakhouse in Seattle hosted the Celebrity Steakout event on August 25 presented by Brotherton Cadillac and Seattle Met Magazine, in partnership with Mario’s, to benefit The Moyer Foundation’s Gregory Fund, a fund created in partnership with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center to fund early cancer detection research. The event was a great success raising more than $150,000! The evening was hosted by KIRO 7 TV Anchor Steve Raible and energetically auctioneered by John Curley.
A huge thank you to our celebrity servers who donated their time to chat with fans, take photos and of course keep their wine glasses full! Celeb servers included guitarist Duff McKagen of Guns ‘N Roses and Velvet Revolver, Zakk Wylde guitarist for Black Label Society and Black Sabbath, Susan Holmes-McKagen, international supermodel, Deion Branch of the Seattle Seahawks, John Keister of Almost Live and more! E! Entertainment cameras were also in house filming Susan Holmes-McKagan’s upcoming reality show “Married To Rock,” which debuts November 4 on E!
A few of our favorite photos from the evening:
Thanks to everyone who attended, we’ll see you next year!
Visit Mortons.com follow @mortons and fan facebook.com/mortons
TAGS: Black Sabbath, Brotherton Cadillac, Deion Branch, E!, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Guns 'N Roses, KIRO 7, Mario's, Morton's The Steakhouse Seattle, Seattle Met Magazine, Seattle Seahawks, The Gregory Fund, The Moyer Foundation